headus 3D tools headus 3D tools / 3D scans
Support Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
headus 3D scans

saving a file in uv layout

View previous topic :: View next topic  
spongebob

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:23 pm    Post subject: saving a file in uv layout Reply with quote

I lost hours of work, because I went back to uv layout and loaded the file and non of my uv's were there. I did save lots of times and when I loaded it up, it apears that nothing was saved at all. Is there a secret to saving my work in headus uv layout?
headus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Is there a secret to saving my work in headus uv layout?"

No, but check your Load options. If "New" is selected, then UVLayout ignores all existing UVs. Click on "Edit" if you want to work on some UVs already created. You may not have lost you work then ... the UVs should be in the saved file.

Phil
spongebob

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:11 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

I tried opening with edit, and the work is there. The only problem I have is uv layout would only import when I do clean up. When I did clean up in maya it unmerged alot of vertexes. I can't cut unmerged vertexes, and I only could select the d key which left me with alot of single polygons to be welded together. UV layout would not except all vertexes that are merged together, and that left me with clean up option. I see how great uv layout is, but I have to be better at building a model with better topology. I don't know if there is a way to weld the vertexes in uv layout.
headus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

" a way to weld the vertexes in uv layout."

If your polys are coming in with unwelded UVs (shown as lots of green seam lines), then the "Weld" option in the Load options window can help with those.

If your polys have unwelded geometry vertexes (shown as lots of blue seam lines), then currently UVLayout cant do anything about that. You'll need to find something in maya that welds vertexes.

Phil
spongebob

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: It's the vertex's Reply with quote

I tried to import, and I got a message to clean option in uv layout. I tried the clean option in the loading option, and uv layout stoped responding. I did clean up in maya and then uv layout did load the model, and I noticed that there were unmerged vertexes. I gone back to maya and merged the vertexes, and then uv layuout gave a messege that it needed to have the clean option in the loading option. UV layout would not take the model with all merged vertexes. Maya for some strange reason may unmerged vertexes when clean up is done. I think it is a problem with the topology, but I had a deadline were I don't have time to go back and fix the topology.
headus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I think it is a problem with the topology, "

If you want me to have a look at your file, just email me the OBJ.

Phil
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: