headus 3D tools headus 3D tools / 3D scans
Support Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
headus 3D scans

Packing Not working and freeze ups

View previous topic :: View next topic  
redspark

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:03 am    Post subject: Packing Not working and freeze ups Reply with quote

When I installed the latest version a while back, the Pack button doesn't do anything. None of the controls work for me such as the arrow buttons to increase the packing boxes. They just stay at 1x1. The buttons for Best fit wont even press. New Box also does nothing that I can see. Am I doing something wrong?

Also, ever once in a while I'll click with the mouse trying to select something and UV Layout will go into a marquee select. The prompt at the bottom says: press enter to abort. Sometimes I can press enter and it will work. Other times, it just wont go away and it freezes the whole app. The window has focus according to the active title bar and the prompt will disappear briefly after hitting enter several times but will reappear within seconds.

I usually can't use the marquee select because of this. Thanks.

James
headus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Packing Not working and freeze ups Reply with quote

"When I installed the latest version a while back, the Pack button doesn't do anything."

Its almost sounds to me like the file that describes the GUI (with the Pack buttons) is a newer version than the EXE file itself (which doesn't know about Packing).

My recommendation would be to install the latest version (v2.00.04 was uploaded yesterday) and see if that fixes the problems.

Phil
redspark

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering if something may have gone wrong with the last install. I had to manually uninstall and I must have messed something up. I'll try to install with the latest version. Thanks.
redspark

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not good. Something is seriously wrong now. Sad I uninstalled and reinstalled with the latest version. Now UVLayout wont even start. The cyslice and uvlayout processes are running according to task manager but nothing displays on the screen and UVLayout does not appear as an application in my task manager -- just a process. Please help! Thanks.

James
headus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My apologies for the hassles! I can only guess from here, but maybe the uninstall/reinstall failed because those processes were still running???

I'd bring up the task manager again, kill any cyslice, cyeat and uvlayout processes, then uninstall, then check that everything really has been removed from the "Program Files/headus UVLayout v2 Professional" folder (the keys.txt file should be the only thing left in there), then reboot just to make sure, then re-install.

Phil
redspark

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That didn't work either. I uninstalled. Deleted the folders, cleared my temporary directory and rebooted. Then I installed a fresh copy and input my license. It said it was a permanent license, so it seems to have recognized it. But still nothing. The license manager works but not the actual product. Sad I'm not sure what to do. There has to be something interfering as an active process. I guess I can try to revert to the beta version. This was the first version 2 I tried to install.

Or may be I can use this as an excuse to upgrade to a new machine. Yeah.... Smile But I would like to get back to work. I've come to depend on UVLayout very much and I don't think I could UV map with something else anymore. Sad
redspark

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.headus.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=447 seems to be describing a similar problem.
headus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"This was the first version 2 I tried to install. "

Are you giving it the new v2 license key? You can get this from your Support Details page.

Note to self: Fix the license manager so it distinguishes between v1 and v2 licenses!

Phil
redspark

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

May be not. I got a doggle license right around the time that V2 came out. Perhaps, I got the wrong version. I hope that's the case! I really want my UVLayout back. Smile
redspark

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was it! I was using a v1 license key. Everything works now, including the packing. Smile Thank you!
headus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent :-) Thanks for the update.

Phil
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: