headus 3D tools headus 3D tools / 3D scans
Support Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
headus 3D scans

Working at a Studio with heavy network safty protocol.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cory_D

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:46 am    Post subject: Working at a Studio with heavy network safty protocol. Reply with quote

Hey! Congrats on the new release of UVLayout.

I just purchased the dongle pre-release package. I was wondering when running the program may computer will be connected to out side server for account verification or will the dongle to the whole thing.

The reason I ask this. The studio that I work for has a huge Network safety firewall and policies that will get me fired if I even put a USB flash drive and any thing that links to a computer (besides Autodesk, Microsoft, and Adobe products..ect). Now I can get the go ahead from IT to use the dongle but I fear they will not agree to any outside connections.

Thanks
headus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"... will be connected to out side server for account verification or will the dongle to the whole thing. "

The Dongle license is self-contained and doesn't require any network connectivity to enable UVLayout. You will need browser access initially though to cut'n'paste the license key from your Support Details page into the keys file on your PC.

The only other time UVLayout will try to access the net is when you run "Check For Updates", and even then its just popping up a web browser as well; its not using its own protocols or ports or anything fancy, so if your firewall lets you browse the web, the update check will work. Its optional too, so don't run it if you're unsure.

Phil
cory_D

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool! That is an approved way to get updates using the web browser.

Thanks!
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: