headus 3D tools headus 3D tools / 3D scans
Support Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
headus 3D scans

linux 64

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eddgar

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:43 pm    Post subject: linux 64 Reply with quote

Hi,
I heard of uvlayout from a friend who used the beta and does a lot of texturing so I had to try it too :]

I'm using fedora 7 64 bit. I tried to run the beta but there's something with the Mrm lib.. I know about the problems with openmotif and newer fedora versions (they dropped openmotif) but even when I'm trying to use the supplied lib files, the application doesn't start.. MrmNOT_FOUND when loading headus.uid possibly related to the architecture (I found some rpms around too)...

So do you have any plans to release a 64bit compatible release? I even tried with wine and the windows demo, but isn't very useful this way :]

The only alternative is a maya plugin but unfortunately, there's only a 32bit version available and I always prefer a standalone application around.

Thanks,

edgar
headus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So do you have any plans to release a 64bit compatible release?
Well I hadn't planned to, but only because no-one had asked :-) I'll fire up my fedora 7 64bit laptop (actually its a fedora, kubuntu and vista triple boot!) to see if I can get UVLayout to build. I'll post something here if/when I get that working.

Phil
headus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, go back to the download page for the linux betas and you'll see a Fedora7 64bit build down in the second list. There's a few problems which I'll continue to work on, but they aren't fatal, so you should be able to run UVLayout to get an idea of the what it can do.

Here's the list of known problems with that 64bit version ...

- Tiff reads and writes are broken, so the "Render" tool isn't working.

- Mapped textures are incorrectly byte aligned or something, so the 'T' hotkey 3D views aren't displaying correctly.

The installer comes with the needed OpenMotif SO's (well, works here at least :-); be sure to read the "Configuring OpenMotif" note down the bottom of the linux betas page.

Phil

Update: Just fixed the above two problems but have run out of time today to build a new install file. I'll do that tomorrow.

Last edited by headus on Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
eddgar

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won't say I'm amazed...
only had to install mesa-libGLw* and it's running.
I've used a wrong ethernet address so I'm waiting for the license again :]

Thank you
headus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won't say I'm amazed...
I am :-) Its a shame that OpenMotif has gotten so political and support is patchy. I guess the youngsters don't even know what Motif is/was, but I grew up with SGIs, so thats what all my code is based around.

Anyway, there's a new install on the linux download page ... fixes the problems listed above.

Phil

Update: A Kubuntu7 64bit build is now also available on the linux download page.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: