headus 3D tools headus 3D tools / 3D scans
Support Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
headus 3D scans

License questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Polyhertz

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:31 am    Post subject: License questions Reply with quote

First off, thanks so much for creating this program. It's about time someone created a UV prog with a quality relax function (other then DeepUV, but that one has some very real issues beyond the relax function).

Anyways, heres the questions i'd like to ask:

1. Are their any current plans for disc copy protection as opposed to the current dongle security?

2. Concerning use of the dongle, after the application has opened does it have to be left in (ie, does the application check the key once or continuously throughout its operation)?

Oh, and as a side note, I never would have known about this wonderful app if it wern't for this amazing piece of work that used it:

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?threadid=441308
headus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:24 pm    Post subject: Re: License questions Reply with quote

Polyhertz wrote:
... current plans for disc copy protection as opposed to the current dongle security?

We plan to do something about the licensing options, but there's no current activity on that front. There's only one person developing the software (me!), so at this stage I'd rather spend my time on better tools, and will worry about the licensing issues later.

Quote:
...,after the application has opened does it have to be left in

Correct, UVLayout checks every now and then to see if the dongle is still plugged in.

And thanks for the link! Of course, I'd like to have seen the UVs there as well as the final renders :-)

Phil
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: