headus 3D tools headus 3D tools / 3D scans
Support Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
headus 3D scans

Texture Resize in v1.16

View previous topic :: View next topic  
moochie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:17 pm    Post subject: Texture Resize in v1.16 Reply with quote

Hiya .. is it just me, or does resizing the texture in 3D view not work properly now? '-' seems to make the texture larger, and '+' seems to make it shuffle downwards. Tried it on several models now, with the same effect. Or is I being stoopid?

Later: ok .. shift & - (ie _) makes the texture reduce in size. On my machine, at any rate. My SQ (Stoopidity Quotient) still within functional tolerances.
headus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, maybe you had some sort of shift-lock thing happening? Because normally '-' and '=' are used to change the checker/texture scale, and '_' and '+' are used in the UV view to change the size of the unit square, which if done when in 3D view gives the texture the appearance of movement. Look like I forgot to disable _/+ in 3D view :-)

Phil
moochie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just checked .. '-' is making the texture larger, and '=' is making it smaller. '_' and '+' move the texture up and down by small increments. This is in 3D view. This is true whether I have Caps on or off. I'm using the keys on the top row of the keyboard. No changes made to my hardware or software since the previous version of UVL, except adding 16.1, upgrading my Norton AV and installing Internet Explorer 7. Looks like the keys have just been transposed.
headus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

moochie wrote:
.. '-' is making the texture larger, and '=' is making it smaller. '_' and '+' move the texture up and down by small increments..

Yes, thats whats its supposed to do ... didn't it always do that??? I did slightly change the amount of the scale change in the latest release, but not the keys themselves.

By the way, Ive just fixed the "_" and "+" keys ... they shouldn't do anything in the 3D view, and now they don't :-)

Phil
moochie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm .. well I'm not sure. I guess there's a logic to it whichever way it works. To me, see, the intuitive thing would be for 'minus' to mean that the texture I'm looking at in 3D view gets smaller .. the squares of the grid reduce in size. I can see where you're coming from, though .. pressing minus means there's less grid texture (so the squares get bigger). No biggie .. maybe some others will chip in here. Maybe I just need a holiday.
headus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I think my logic was "hit - to get fewer checkers, hit = to get more". Some day eventually you'll be able to edit the hotkeys, so then you can have it how you like.

Phil
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: